Thursday, March 12, 2015

Expungement Eligibility Certification Notice plus COURTNET Administrative Office of the Courts Criminal History Record

by Johnathan Masters

I had to pay $40 for the Expungement Eligibility Certification Notice, and was going to pay a lawyer hundreds of dollars to get many of these expunged... but the fact that even charges that were dismissed or declared NOT GUILTY are still listed on here is ridiculous. Just an accusation goes on your Kentucky criminal record, regardless of the reality, and Kentucky gets paid. 

I'd estimate about 75% of all of these charges were dismissed or declared Not Guilty. But there they still are... 

In fact, there's many folks who get paid when an officer makes an arrest. When the KSP arrested me over the alleged stolen library book, "M. Hath" said that it would have cost me $300 to $400 to get my truck back after it was towed. So that's money for the tow truck companies. Plus the Jailers, Prosecutors, Public Advocates, Judges, and all of their administrators... lots of folks are getting paid on arrests, even ones based on false accusations. 

When a white male at the Warren County Jail told me that their jail was a "no money" jail, I immediately knew that I wouldn't get my money back... but how is that right? How are they able to charge me for services I did not want, for accusations of crimes I didn't do? Regardless of the outcome of the case, I've already been punished, plenty of enough... IF I was declared guilty, but I can't for the life of me remember if I checked out a book at the Kenton County library, and whether or not I returned it. It's possible that I forgot to return a book. It happens to the best of us. 2004 was a crazy year for me... I was staying in an abandoned building in Bellevue, after living with my uncle and aunt for a short duration... I had just dropped out of Xavier University... April 2004 I legally changed my name... which would have been 3 months after the initial alleged offense happened (Kareem Simpson said that I had stole a book on 1-14-2004 in Kenton County). 

But so far, I was arrested... which is humiliating enough, frisked by a jerk, talken down to, ordered around like a dog, and this Bowling Green trip has cost me $134 so far, not counting the upcoming trials, and lawyer fees. All over a 2004 Kenton County warrant reissued by Kenneth Easterling in 2011. I've been punished enough, for a false accusation, over a stupid library book.

I can get pdf's online. I don't need libraries. I like them, but as long as I have the Internet, Kentucky libraries have become too dangerous to risk my life, liberty or limb over. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment